The PuppetVision Blog is all about puppeteers and the art of puppetry. Founded in 2004, its mission to discover and share great puppetry from around the world and across the web.
Here’s some of the most recent stories featured on the blog…
- Did Sesame Street sell its soul on Superbowl Sunday? - Sesame Street appeared in a controversial ad for food delivery service DoorDash on Superbowl Sunday.
- Ten Questions with Emily Morus-Jones - Emily Morus-Jones talks about her career, Puppetry at the Pop-Up Palladium and the state of puppetry in the U.K.
- A Pumpkin Song - Trick-or-treating may not be a good idea this Halloween, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t celebrate and have a little silly, spooky fun. Enjoy Faces of the Night: A Pumpkin Song, a new video featuring pumpkins singing an original Halloween song from Canadian puppet filmmaking duo Dirckze & Tofflemire....
- A brief history of puppet fashion shows - Inspired by Moschino's marionettes at New York Fashion Week, a quick look at the history of puppetry and fashion shows.
- Our Time Machine - Shaken by his father’s dementia, a Chinese artist races to preserve his memories in a time-travel adventure with large mechanical puppets.
- The Return of Spitting Image - Spitting Image has returned and not a moment too soon.
- Thingumajig Studio Tour with Andrew Kim - Take a virtual visit to the magical studio of giant puppet maker and puppeteer Andrew Kim of Thingumajig Theatre.
- Wyatt Cenac’s Yellowbellies - Wyatt Cenac drops a proof-of-concept video for his long in development sci-fi puppet spoof Yellowbellies.
- Taking a brief Autumn break - The blog will be taking a brief break, but returning on September 21st.
- There’s A Bear In My Chair continues the Little Angel’s delightful digital season - London's Little Angel Theatre continues its delightful season of digital family theatre with Toby Olié's "There's A Bear On My Chair".