The PuppetVision Blog is all about puppeteers and the art of puppetry. Founded in 2004, its mission to discover and share great puppetry from around the world and across the web.
Here’s some of the most recent stories featured on the blog…
- A brief history of puppet fashion shows - Inspired by Moschino's marionettes at New York Fashion Week, a quick look at the history of puppetry and fashion shows.
- Our Time Machine - Shaken by his father’s dementia, a Chinese artist races to preserve his memories in a time-travel adventure with large mechanical puppets.
- The Return of Spitting Image - Spitting Image has returned and not a moment too soon.
- Thingumajig Studio Tour with Andrew Kim - Take a virtual visit to the magical studio of giant puppet maker and puppeteer Andrew Kim of Thingumajig Theatre.
- Wyatt Cenac’s Yellowbellies - Wyatt Cenac drops a proof-of-concept video for his long in development sci-fi puppet spoof Yellowbellies.
- Taking a brief Autumn break - The blog will be taking a brief break, but returning on September 21st.
- There’s A Bear In My Chair continues the Little Angel’s delightful digital season - London's Little Angel Theatre continues its delightful season of digital family theatre with Toby Olié's "There's A Bear On My Chair".
- Tony Sinnett’s Masterful Marionettes - Discover the masterful marionettes of British wood carver, puppeteer and puppet maker Tony Sinnett.
- WÎSKACÂN: A contemporary puppet dance film - WÎSKACÂN is a hauntingly beautiful experimental puppet dance film by Indigenous artist Tyson Houseman.
- Snuff Puppets in Isolation - The giant body parts of Snuff Puppets go viral after self-isolating at home in Australia.